How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.