How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly really simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.