How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.