How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.