How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.