How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.