How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.