How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.